BiGGAR Economics was founded in 2002 by Graeme Blackett and Aileen Hamilton. The business was originally based in and takes its name from the town of Biggar in Lanarkshire. In the Autumn of 2002, to facilitate our growth, we moved to the cluster of science parks on the southern outskirts of Edinburgh. The success of BiGGAR Economics has been based on our track record of producing high quality outputs for our clients, on time.
Our overall aim is to generate sustainable economic growth and promote social equity by:
- providing high quality advisory, consultancy and research services; and
- building a company that provides high quality employment and generates substantial Gross Value Added.
The sectors in which we specialise and the services we deliver have been developed as a result of our consultants pursuing specific professional interests and building on their previous experience. We provide a range of services for central and local government, economic development agencies, other government agencies, universities, colleges, social economy organisations and private sector firms across Europe.
OUR RANGES OF SERVICES ARE SUMMARISED BELOW:
The sectors in which we have developed particular expertise include:
- life sciences
- science and business parks
- further educational and skills
- higher education
- tourism and leisure
- business start-up and small & medium sized business development
- social economy
- commercialisation and innovation