BiGGAR Economics has provided a range of economic advisory services relating to projects being developed and seeking planning approval. This has included acting as expert witnesses at planning and public inquiries.
- economic impact and tourism impact assessments of proposed wind farm developments across the UK including Clyde Wind Farm Extension (South Lanarkshire & Scottish Borders, SSE Renewables), Mount Lothian (Midlothian, Wind Prospect), Limekiln (Caithness, Infinergy), Bhlaraidh (Highlands, SSE Renewables), Stronelairg (Highlands, SSE Renewables), Kenly (Fife, University of St Andrews), Glenmorie (Easter Ross, Wind Energy), Berrier Hill (Cumbria, West Coast Energy), Harrows Law (South Lanarkshire, SSE Renewables), Bickham Moor (Devon, Coronation Power), Dorenell (Moray, Infinergy) Pen y Cymoedd (South Wales, Vattenfall), Black Craig (Arygll, Infinis), Tedder Hill (Yorkshire, E.On Renewables), Clyde Wind Farm (South Lanarkshire, Airtricity), Invercassley (Sutherland, Airtricity), Lissett Airfield (Yorkshire, Novera);
- socio-economic impact assessment of Scottish Coal’s proposals for Surface Mines at Broken Cross (South Lanarkshire), Airfield (Midlothian), St Ninians (Fife) and Cauldhall (Midlothian);
- expert witness services for a number of public inquiries, on economic impacts and on tourism impacts including Broken Cross Surface Coal Mine in South Lanarkshire, Invercassley Wind Farm in Sutherland, Clyde Wind Farm in South Lanarkshire, Harrows Law Wind Farm in South Lanarkshire, Bickham Moor Wind Farm in Devon, Dorenell Wind Farm in Moray and Black Craig Wind Farm in Arygll;
- economic impact assessment of proposals by Selfridges to develop a major new store in Glasgow;
- economic impact assessment of a new settlement proposal for Comrie in West Fife;